8 September 2015
Subject: Minutes of Board Meeting
1. The Meeting was opened by President Vicki Edwards at 7:00 PM, at 9803 S. 21st Circle, Bellevue, NE. Only 2 of 5
directors were present, so a quorum of the Board did not exist. An informal meeting continued.
2. Attendance at the Meeting included:
George Ziska, Jr.
3. The minutes of the meetings held on 14 July and 11 August 2015, will be reviewed at the next meeting when there is a
4. Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Janelle Smith was not present to provide a status.
5. Finance Director’s Report: With the Finance Director position vacant, the Secretary brought up the following items:
A. Cans for 2 X 4’s: Turn-in on 28 Aug 15: 34 lb X $0.30/lb = $10.20 (includes $0.05/lb bonus).
B. Dinner Raffle, Oct-Nov 15: Ron Strawn has secured $300 in Pizza Ranch (Papillion) certificates. Ticket
donation price will remain at $5.00. Raffles prizes will be: 1st: $150; 2nd: $100; 3rd: $50. The Secretary will ask
Donna Vogt to print out 300 tickets. The drawing was set for 6 PM, Thurs, 19 Nov 15, at Pizza Ranch.
C. Church of the Nativity, Burke, VA Designated Offering, Jan 16: No new developments.
D. Bowl-a-thon, Mar 16: No new developments.
E. Offutt Catholic Chapel Designated Offering, Apr 16: As of 13 Aug 15, Pastoral Assistant Peggy Hoffman
indicates that the Crew is on the list for consideration for an offering.
F. 2016 Financial Plan: The Secretary added a fifth “Donations & Misc.“ item to the plan with the anticipation of
some donations from past CFC and other donors and possibly other fundraisers. The Plan includes:
(1) Dinner and a Movie Raffle: $1,000
(2) Church of the Nativity: $42,000
(3) Bowl-a-thon: $3,000
(4) Offutt Catholic Chapel: $2,000
(5) Donations & Misc: $7,000
G. Other Ideas: None, but we still need more ways to reach our goal.
6. Old Business:
A. Update of Membership Roster: No updates were made.
B. Combined Federal Campaign: The Secretary sent out letters to the 15 previous CFC donors before on 13of Aug
15, and one was returned due an outdated address.
C. VA Connection (Bob Corsi): No new developments.
D. Crew Website ( http://www.accrew.org ): No new developments.
E. Colorado (CO) Connection (Gary Piper): No new developments.
F. Volunteer Recruitment in Bellevue: Still awaiting scheduling of the Pancake Breakfast with the Confirmation
students at Capehart Chapel in Feb 16.
G. 2016 Deployment (works starts on Thurs 2 Jun 16): No new developments.
H. Insurance Waiver to Offutt AFB: Request was submitted on 25 Feb 15, but still no word has still been received
I. Finance Director Vacancy: No volunteer has stepped forward yet. The Secretary again emphasized the
importance of filling this position for the upcoming 2016 fundraising season.
7. New Business:
A. Adopt-A-Road on 25th Street: The time was tentatively set for 9 AM, Sat, 17 Oct 15.
8. The Crew Meeting was adjourned at 7:18 PM. The next meeting is set for 7 PM, Tues, 13 Oct 15, at 9803 S. 21st
George Ziska, Jr.