14 January 2015
Subject: Minutes of Board Meeting
1. The Meeting was opened by President Vicki Edwards, at 7:04 PM, at 9803 S. 21st Circle, Bellevue, NE. With 5 of 5
directors present, a quorum of the Board did exist.
2. Attendance at the Meeting included:
George Ziska, Jr.
3. The minutes of the meeting held on 10 Dec 14, were approved.
4. Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Janelle Smith provided that following status: Great Western Checking Account:
$7,499.76; Fidelity Money Market: $59, 207.22; Progress on 2015 Fundraising Goal: 8.3%
5. Finance Director’s Report: The Finance Director Stu Martin discussed the following:
A. Cans for 2 X 4’s: No new developments.
B. Church of Nativity, Burke, VA Designated Offering, 10-11 Jan 15: Bob Corsi, our VA POC, reported an initial
offering total of $31,772.
D. Bowl-a-thon, 1:30 PM, 7 Mar 15, Leopard Lanes: Currently we have 13 bowlers signed up. Pledge sheets were
passed out to the bowlers. Since the Secretary will be out-of-town, Stu will act as Coordinator for this event.
E. 2015 CFC Distribution will be known in Mar 15.
F. Offutt Catholic Chapel Designated Offering is set for Sun, 19 Apr 15.
G. Other Ideas: None.
6. Old Business:
A. Update of Membership Roster: Updated the mailing address of Corey Cinabro.
B. Combined Federal Campaign: Received the 2015 application which is due on 1 Apr 15.
C. VA Connection (Bob Corsi): No new developments.
D. Crew Website ( http://www.accrew.org ): Webmaster Kathi Narlock completed the annual website renewal.
E. Colorado (CO) Connection (Gary Piper): No new developments.
F. Volunteer Recruitment in Bellevue: Ron Strawn bought 15 lbs of bacon at Commissary and was reimbursed
$37.01, by the Treasurer. The Secretary emailed Confirmation Teacher Barbara Laporte who has mentioned this
upcoming event to her students. Six Crew members volunteered to assist with the breakfast. Ron and the Secretary will
make a Commissary run on Sat, 14 Feb 15, for supplies.
G. 2015 Deployment (work starts on 5 Jun 15): The Corder Family approved the floor plan.
I. Update of Annual Letter to Donors: A total of 75 copies were printed at UPS, at cost of $18.59.
7. New Business:
A. 2014 IRS Forms: The Secretary provided the following forms to the Treasurer: (1) Major Contributors List;
(2) IRS Form 990 for the CFC application which is due on 1 Apr 15; (3) IRS Form 990-EZ which is due to the IRS by
15 May 15.
B. Nonprofit Corporation Biennial Report: The Secretary submitted this required report to the NE Secretary of
State on 6 Jan 15, with a $23 fee. This report includes the names and addresses of the Board members.
8. The Crew Meeting was adjourned at 7:30 PM. The next meeting is set for 7 PM, Tues, 10 Feb 15, at 9803 S. 21st
George Ziska, Jr.