12 November 2015
Subject: Minutes of Board Meeting
1. The Meeting was opened by President Vicki Edwards at 7:00 PM, at 9803 S. 21st Circle, Bellevue, NE. With 4 of 4
directors present, a quorum of the Board did exist.
2. Attendance at the Meeting included:
George Ziska, Jr.
3. The minutes of the meetings held on 13 October 2015, were approved.
4. Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Janelle Smith provided that following status to the Secretary: Great Western
Checking Account: $23,210.76; Fidelity Money Market: $44, 211.42; Progress on 2016 Fundraising Goal of $55,000 is
less than 1%.
5. Finance Director’s Report: With the Finance Director position vacate, the Secretary discussed the following:
A. Cans for 2 X 4’s: No new developments.
B. Papillion Pizza Ranch Raffle: Ticket distribution now stands at 250 of the 292 tickets printed. The Secretary
sold 13 tickets at the Harlan No Frills from 10 AM to 2 PM, on Sat, 24 Oct 15, and received $249.87, in public donations.
The article on the raffle was in the 21 Oct edition of the Bellevue Leader. 134 tickets stubs and $670 were turned in at
the meeting. Ron Strawn will make reservations for a dozen Crew members for the drawing and dinner at Pizza Ranch at
6 PM, on Thurs, 19 Oct 15. With tickets still outstanding, sales are projected to exceed 200.
C. Church of Nativity, Burke, VA Designated Offering, Jan 2016: No new developments.
D. Bowl-a-thon, Mar 2016: No new developments.
E. Offutt Catholic Chapel Designated Offering, Jan 2016: No new developments.
F. Other Ideas: None.
6. Old Business:
A. Update of Membership Roster: No updates made.
B. Combined Federal Campaign: The 3rd automatic quarterly bank deposit of $1,074.17 was received on 2 Nov 15.
C. VA Connection (Bob Corsi): No new developments.
D. Crew Website ( http://www.accrew.org ): No new developments.
E. Colorado (CO) Connection (Gary Piper): No new developments.
F. Volunteer Recruitment in Bellevue: The pancake breakfast with the Confirmation students at Capehart Chapel
will be held from 7 AM to 12:30 PM, Sun, 14 Feb 16. Five (5) Crew members volunteered to work this event.
G. 2015 Deployment (work starts on 5 Jun 15): Still await the final family selection from Harry Wallace, our Good
Shepherd Chapel point-of-contact.
H. Finance Director Vacancy: We are still looking for a volunteer for this Board position.
7. New Business:
A. Annual Letter to Donors: The Secretary will prepare a draft of this annual letter, by the next meeting, for review.
8. The Crew Meeting was adjourned at 7:18 PM. The next meeting was set for 7 PM, Thurs, 10 Dec 15, at 9803 S. 21st
George Ziska, Jr.