10 November 2016
Subject: Minutes of Board Meeting
- The Meeting was opened by President Vicki Edwards at 7:00 PM, at 9803 S. 21st Circle, Bellevue, NE. With 3 of 5 directors present, a quorum of the Board did exist.
- Attendance at the Meeting included:
George Ziska, Jr.
- The minutes of the meeting held on 13 October 2016, were approved.
- Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Janelle Smith provided the Secretary with the following status: Great Western Checking Account: $43,235.68; Fidelity Money Market Account: $24,228.01
- Finance Director’s Report: The following items were discussed:
- Cans for 2 X 4’s: One attendee brought cans.
- Dinner Raffle (Oct-Nov 16): A total of 224 tickets are now distributed. So far, 162 tickets have been sold and $810 was collected. The Secretary will request Finance Director Ron Strawn to make reservations for about 20 people who will be attending the drawing/dinner at 6 PM on Thurs, 17 Nov 16, at the Papillion Pizza Ranch.
- Offutt Catholic Chapel Offering, Sun, 8 Jan 17:
- Church of the Nativity, Burke, VA Offering: Bob Corsi indicated that the offering would be on the weekend of 14-15 Jan 17.
- Bowl-a-thon: To be scheduled in Mar 17.
- Combined Federal Campaign: Results to be known in Mar 17.
- 2017 Financial Plan: The Crew is now raised 3.4 % of the 2017 Fundraising Goal of $75,000.
- Other Ideas: None.
- Old Business:
- Update of Membership Roster: No changes made.
- Combined Federal Campaign of Indiana, Kentucky and Southwest Ohio: The Secretary continues a search for a CPA to review the Crew‘s 2016 Financial Statement for the 2017 CFC application. The best ball park estimate for the review, to date, is $2,500 from Marc Lowe of Jones & Lowe. To obtain a more accurate estimate, Marc requested that the Crew provide our Financial Balance Sheets for 2015 and 2016 (to date) and copy of our last IRS Form 990-EZ. The Secretary requested the Treasurer to gather these documents. Bob Corsi of VA suggested that we find a local Knight who is a CPA to do the review. Vice-President Marcel Moreau forwarded an email request his local Knights of Columbus council to find a Knight/CPA for the review. Based on CFC guidance just received, Secretary indicated that the upfront application/listing fees for the 2017 will be $360.
- VA Connection (Bob Corsi): Bob sent a $100 donation and $150 Lowe‘s gift card from his retirement ceremony.
- Crew Website ( http://www.accrew.org ): Kathi Narlock and Kris Woods are to meet on Sun, 13 Nov 16, to resolve data input difficulties with the website.
- Colorado (CO) Connection (Gary Piper): No new developments.
- Volunteer Recruitment in Bellevue: Peggy Hoffman, the Offutt AFB Catholic Chapel CCD Coordinator, indicated that the Offutt Catholic Chapel Confirmation Class will help with a Pancake Breakfast on Sun, 19 Feb 17.
- 2017 Deployment (work starts on Thurs, 1 Jun 17): The Construction Director has revised the 2017 drawings and has almost completed the material list for the front porch gable roof design used in recent past years.
- New Business:
- Annual Report to Donors, Jan 17: The Secretary’s draft was reviewed and 75 copies will be obtained from UPS.
- The Crew Meeting was adjourned at 7:40 PM and the next Board Meeting was set for 7:30 PM, Thursday, 8 Dec 16, at 9803 S. 21st Circle.
George Ziska, Jr.