8 December 2016
Subject: Minutes of Board Meeting
- The Meeting was opened by President Vicki Edwards at 7:30 PM, at 9803 S. 21st Circle, Bellevue, NE. With 4 of 5 directors present, a quorum of the Board did exist.
- Attendance at the Meeting included:
George Ziska, Jr.
- The minutes of the meeting held on 10 November 2016, were approved.
- Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Janelle Smith provided the following status: Great Western Checking Account: $44,743.03; Fidelity Money Market Account: $24,230.71.
- Finance Director’s Report: The following items were discussed:
- Cans for 2 X 4’s: No new developments.
- Dinner Raffle, 17 Nov 16: A total of 222 tickets have been sold and $1,.110 was collected. Fifteen people attended the drawing/dinner at 6 PM on Thurs, 17 Nov 16, at the Papillion Pizza Ranch.
- Offutt Catholic Chapel Offering, Sun, 8 Jan 17:
- Church of the Nativity, Burke, VA Offering, Sat-Sun, 14-15 Jan 17:
- Bowl-a-thon: Set a tentative date of 11 Mar 17 (1:30 PM) at Leopard Lanes. Ron will ask Sharon to make lane reservations.
- Combined Federal Campaign: Results to be known in Mar 17.
- 2017 Financial Plan: The Crew is now raised 5.0 % of the 2017 Fundraising Goal of $75,000.
- Offutt Air Show, 1-2 Jul 17: Per a Omaha World Herald article of 8 Dec 16, 55th Wing Commander has cancelled the Air Show with the Blue Angels. The 2018 Air Show is uncertain due to runway repairs.
- Other Ideas: None.
- Old Business:
- Update of Membership Roster: No changes made.
- Combined Federal Campaign of Indiana, Kentucky and Southwest Ohio: The Secretary’s search for a CPA to review the Crew‘s 2016 Financial Statement has now reached 5 accountants. The Secretary will try to set up meeting with Rod Anderson of Massimore, Magnuson & Associates, recommended by Brian Donohoe, for Friday, 16 Dec 16. Latest CFC info indicates the 2017 application will be submitted totally online during a period starting sometime in Dec 16 to sometime in Jan 17. The Secretary requested help in uploading some of the documents required for the application. The Secretary provided the Treasurer with 2016 IRS Form 990, which is part of the application.
- VA Connection (Bob Corsi): No new developments.
- Crew Website ( http://www.accrew.org ): According to President Vicki Edwards, data uploading problems have be resolved with the help of Sarah Edwards.
- Colorado (CO) Connection (Gary Piper): No new developments.
- Volunteer Recruitment in Bellevue: The Secretary still needs coordinate with the Confirmation Class Teacher on the Pancake Breakfast set for Sun, 19 Feb 17.
- 2017 Deployment (work starts on Thurs, 1 Jun 17): The Construction Director sent revised the 2017 drawings for the Yancey home to the Crew Leaders with front porch gable roof design on 5 Dec 16. The Material List and the subcontractor work descriptions have also been reworked. Kathi Narlock has purchased the over-the-stove microwave for the 2017 home. Kathi will be requested to provide the receipt for the microwave to get reimbursed.
- Annual Report to Donors, Jan 17: The Secretary had 75 copies of the report printed at the UPS Store for $13.08.
- New Business: None.
- The Crew Meeting was adjourned at 7:46 PM and the next Board Meeting was set for 7:00 PM, Thursday, 12 Jan 17, at 9803 S. 21st Circle.
George Ziska, Jr.