13 April 2017
Subject: Minutes of Board Meeting
1. The Meeting was unofficially opened by Secretary George Ziska. Jr. at 8:00 PM, at 9803 S. 21st Circle, Bellevue, NE. Only 2 of 5 directors were present, so a quorum of the Board did not exist. An informal meeting continued.
2. Attendance at the Meeting included:
George Ziska, Jr.
3. The minutes of the meeting held on 9 March 2017, will be reviewed at the next meeting when there is a quorum.
4. Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Janelle Smith provided following status as of 31 Mar 17: Great Western Checking Account: $50,239.11; Money Market Account: $24,251.45. A checking account balance to the date of the meeting was: $104,434.02.
5. Finance Director’s Report: The following items were discussed:
A. Cans for 2 X 4’s: One attendee brought cans.
B. Church of the Nativity, Burke, VA Offering, Sat-Sun Jan 17: A check for $63,188.80 was received and deposited on 3 April 2107. This donation was significantly more than the previous high donation of $47,133.52 in 2014.
C. Bowl-a-thon, Mar 17: Total pledges collected are $5,062.80, which was much greater than last year’s record
total of $3,668.00 and the 22-year average of $2,037.42.
D. Combined Federal Campaign: With the anticipated 2017 Distribution of $44.66 and two received out-of-zone
donations which total $372.45, the 2017 Distribution will total $417.11.
E. 2017 Financial Plan: The Crew has now raised 100.1% of the 2017 Fundraising Goal of $75,000.
F. Other Ideas: None.
6. Old Business:
A. Update of Membership Roster: No updates were made.
B. Combined Federal Campaign: CFC of the National Capital Area sent a check for $213.86 and CFC Overseas sent a check for $158.59
C. VA Connection (Bob Corsi): No new developments.
D. Crew Website ( http://www.accrew.org ): No new developments.
E. Colorado (CO) Connection (Gary Piper): Due to health reasons, Gary Piper is not coming on this year’s
deployment. Corey Cinabro will still be coming.
F. Volunteer Recruitment in Bellevue: No new developments.
G. 2016 Deployment (works starts on Thurs, 1 Jun 17): With Gary Piper (CO) not coming, the 2017 Crew List now has 30 volunteers and Art Rupinen (VA) takes over as the Siding Crew Leader. Harry completed the sub floor on 11 Apr 17. The Secretary reserved two rooms at Baymont Inn in Evansville for 30 May 17. With 2 campers outside St.Joseph’s Inn, 28 of 30 beds will be used.
H. IRS Forms: The Treasurer will complete the IRS Form 990-EZ by 15 May 17.
I. Adopt-A-Road on 25th Street: Volunteers are needed 9 AM, Sat, 22 Apr 17.
J. Amazonsmile Foundation: The Secretary completed the application on 11 Mar 17.
7. New Business:
A. Delete the Phone Marketing Line: Without applying for the CFC, the Secretary recommended that there is no need for this phone line which would save $50+ each month. Due a lack of a meeting quorum, the Secretary will survey the Board by email on this action.
B. Good Shepherd Chapel 2nd Advance Payment: Harry Wallace of the Good Shepherd Chapel requested anad ditional advance payment of $10,000 on the Yancey Home, which was sent by Secretary on 4 Apr 17. The advance payments now total $30,000 on the Yancey Home. Good Shepherd Chapel Treasurer Kay Morrow reported that the $10,000 advance payment was deposited on 10 Apr 17.
C. Payment of 6-Month Trailer Insurance: The Secretary was paid the 6-month trailer insurance premium of $12.85.
D. Review of Donor List: This list which will be given to the Yancey Family will be reviewed at the next meeting.
E. Invitation to Mark White’s Deacon Ordination: The Secretary sent an email to crew members with an invitation from Mark to attend his ordination at 10 AM, Sat, 6 May 17, at St. Cecilia’s Cathedral.
8. The Crew Meeting was adjourned at 8:15 PM. The next meeting is set for 7 PM, Thurs, 11 May 17, at the Bellevue Library, at the corner of Harvell Drive and Lincoln Road.
George Ziska, Jr.