11 May 2017
Subject: Minutes of Board Meeting
1. The Meeting was opened by President Vicki Edwards at 7:30 PM, at the Bellevue Library. With 5 of 5 directors present, a quorum of the Board did exist.
2. Attendance at the Meeting included:
George Ziska, Jr.
3. The minutes of the meetings held on 9 March and 13 April 2017, were approved.
4. Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Janelle Smith provided the following status as of 30 Apr 17: Great Western Checking Account: $104,664.07; Fidelity Money Market Account: $24,259.44.
5. Finance Director’s Report: The following items were discussed:
A. Al Cans for 2 X 4’s: Turn-in on 27 Apr 17: 23 lb X $0.35/lb = $8.05.
B. 2017 Financial Plan: The Crew is now raised 100.3 % of the 2017 Fundraising Goal of $75,000.
C. Other Ideas: None.
6. Old Business:
A. Update of Membership Roster: No changes noted.
B. Combined Federal Campaign of Indiana, Kentucky and Southwest Ohio: Received 2017 Distribution of $40.48 on 5 May 17. Total 2017 Distribution received is $412.93 (with includes the 2 out-of-zone donations).
C. VA Connection (Bob Corsi): No new developments.
D. Crew Website ( http://www.accrew.org ): No new developments.
E. Colorado (CO) Connection (Gary Piper): Without Gary going this year, Corey Cinabro is trying to find another CO volunteer.
F. Volunteer Recruitment in Bellevue: No new developments.
G. 2017 Deployment (work starts on Thurs, 1 Jun 17): The current on-site crew list has 30 volunteers. Harry Wallace has completed Yancey House sub floor. Final backfill, grading and drive is being held up by rain. Marcel Moreau will contact Kathi Norlock for picking up and hauling the microwave to KY. President and Head Cook Vicki Edwards receive a $2,000 check for deployment food.
H. IRS Forms: Treasurer Janelle Smith provided a copy of 2016 IRS Form 990-EZ to the Secretary, which was
submitted to the IRS on 30 Apr 17.
I. Disconnected Phone Marketing Line: With no future CFC applications anticipated and with the approval of the Board (by email survey), the Secretary disconnected this phone line. The last CenturyLink bill indicated that $4.77 refund would be forthcoming.
J. Review Donor List: The Secretary passed the list around the room for correction of errors and omissions.
7. New Business: None.
8. The Crew Meeting was adjourned at 8:00 PM and the next Board Meeting was set for 7:00 PM, Thursday, 13 Jul 17,
at 9803 S. 21st Circle.
George Ziska, Jr.