10 August 2017
Subject: Minutes of Board Meeting
1. The Meeting was opened by President Vicki Edwards at 7:00 PM, at 9803 S. 21st Circle, Bellevue NE. With 3 of 5
directors present, a quorum of the Board did exist.
2. Attendance at the Meeting included:
George Ziska, Jr.
3. The minutes of the meetings held on 13 July 2017, were approved.
4. Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Janelle Smith was not present to provide a report. The Secretary indicated that the
Crew has about $86,000 in reserves.
5. Finance Director’s Report: The following items were discussed:
A. Al Cans for 2 X 4’s: No new developments.
B. Dinner Raffle (Oct-Nov): Ron will request $300 in certificates from the Pizza Ranch. The ticket price will
remain $5.00. The Secretary will request Donna Vogt to print 300 tickets so the ticket distribution can start at the next
meeting. The Secretary is considering to write an article for the Bellevue Leader on the Crew’s work and the raffle. The
drawing is set for 6 PM, Thurs, 16 Nov 17, at the Papillion Pizza Ranch. The prizes will remain: 1st: $150; 2nd: $100
and 3rd: $50.
C. Church of Nativity, Burke, VA: Offering in Jan 18.
D. Offutt Catholic Chapel Designated Offering: Set for Sun, 11 Feb 18. The Secretary will work on bulletin insert
for the week prior to the offering.
E. Bowl-a-thon: To be scheduled in Mar 18, at Leopard Lanes.
F. 2018 Financial Plan: The Board approved the following plan for raising $66,000 for the 2018 revised 3BR/2
(1) Dinner Raffle: $1,400 for Oct-Nov 17;
(2) Church of the Nativity, Burke VA: $42,000 for Jan 18;
Offutt AFB Catholic Chapel Designated Offering on Sun, 11 Feb 18; $1,600;
(4) Bowl-a-thon in Mar 18: $5,000
(5) Donations & Misc.: $16,000.
G. Other Ideas: None.
6. Old Business:
A. Update of Membership Roster: No changes noted.
B. VA Connection (Bob Corsi): Bob supports a donation of at least $5,000 for the repair of St. Joe’s Inn roof.
C. Crew Website ( http://www.accrew.org ): Secretary provided Webmaster Kathi Narlock with a copy of the 2017
deployment photo disc for selecting photos for the website.
D Colorado (CO) Connection (Corey Cinabro): No new developments.
E. Volunteer Recruitment in Bellevue: Future plans include a joint Crew/Confirmation Breakfast at Capehart
Chapel on Sun, 18 Feb 18.
F. 2017 Deployment 1–12 Jun 17): Board approved sending the Good Shepherd Chapel $1,200 for pouring a footing
on top of the existing footing and around the installed posts at the front foundation wall of the Yancey home, as the initial
part of the repair. The Construction Director will discuss with Harry Wallace the additional follow-on repairs which
could include filling the existing foundation wall with grout or building a new block or concrete wall on the inside of the
existing foundation wall.
G. 2018 Deployment (Work starts on 31 May 18): Harry Wallace is still working on selecting a family which will
present to the Good Shepherd Chapel Parish Council in Sep 17.
H. Board Election, 14 Dec 17: The Secretary reminded the Board of the upcoming board election for new terms
running from 1 Jan 18 to 31 Dec 19.
7. New Business:
A. Adopt-A-Road on 25th Street: Trash pick up was ser for 9 AM, Sat, 30 Sep 17.
B. St. Joe’s Inn Help:
(1) With the President’s suggestion to improve the bath showerheads at the last meeting and after the
Construction Director contacted St, Joe’s Inn Landlord Jim Barney, the Board approved providing and installing four (4)
Waterpik EcoFlow showerheads for the Men’s and Women’s baths next May.
(2) Landlord Jim Barney requested groups using the Inn to consider a donation for repairing the roof due to
leaks. The Board approved a $10,000 donation toward the roof repair.
8. The Crew Meeting was adjourned at 8:17 PM and the next Board Meeting was set for 7:00 PM, Thursday, 14 Sep17,
at 9803 S. 21st Circle.
George Ziska, Jr.