10 May 2018
Subject: Minutes of Board Meeting
1. The Meeting was opened by President Vicki Edwards at 7:00 PM, at 9803 S. 21st Circle, Bellevue NE. With 4 of 5 directors present, a quorum of the Board did exist.
2. Attendance at the Meeting included:
George Ziska, Jr.
3. The minutes of the meeting held on 12 April 2018, were approved.
4. Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Janelle Smith provided the Secretary with the following status, as of 30 Apr 18: Great Western Checking Account: $98,808.83; Fidelity Money Market Account: $24,461.83.
5. Finance Director’s Report: The following items were discussed:
A. Al Cans for 2 X 4’s: Turn-in on 13 Apr 18: 48 lb X $0.45/lb = $21.60.
B. Commemorative T-Shirts: Vice-President Marcel Moreau reported a total of 35 shirt orders to date. The Secretary reimbursed Marcel with 2 checks totaling $442.34 for shirt orders from Big Frog. Marcel provided $300 in shirt revenue, which the Secretary will deposit on 11 May 18.
E. 2018 Financial Plan: We have now reached 111.8% of the $66,000 fundraising goal. The Crew received an additional $305.00 for the Bowl-a-thon from the Offutt Protestant Wednesday Night Bible Study group which brings the Bowl-a-thon total to $4,804. A total of $13,949 or 21.1% of the fundraising goal has been raised locally in Bellevue.
F. Offutt Air Show, Sat, 11 Aug 18: A total number of volunteers increased to 7 of the 10 needed for this event. The Secretary requested help in finding information about the upcoming Air Show meeting.
G. Papillion Pizza Ranch, Oct-Nov 18: The ticket price of $5.00, the list of prizes and drawing date of 15 Nov 18, were provided for consideration at the next meeting.
H. Other Ideas: None.
6. Old Business:
A. Update of Membership Roster: No changes were noted.
B. VA Connection (Bob Corsi): Bob is trying to set the visit of the VA priest for 5-6 Jun 18.
C. Crew Website ( http://www.accrew.org ): No new developments.
D. Colorado (CO) Connection (Corey Cinabro): No new developments.
E. Volunteer Recruitment in Bellevue: No new developments.
F. 2018 Deployment (Work starts on 31 May 18): The Construction Director indicated that the current onsite crew list remains at 32 people. The Owner approved installing the same laminated flooring used in the Kitchen in the MBR Bath. Harry reported that the completion of the floor joists and subfloor and the temporary electrical and water services, as of 30 Apr 18. With some changes in the volunteers on the Siding Crew, Crew Leader Marcel Moreau was requested to verify that all needed saws used last year would again be available this year. The NE Carpool will now leave from Capehart Chapel on Tues, 29 May 18, at 6:30 PM.
G. 2017 IRS Forms: The Treasurer provided a copy to the Secretary of the IRS Form 990-EZ which was sent on 26 Apr 18.
7. New Business:
A. Review of Donor List: Vice-President Marcel Moreau reviewed the list for omissions and spelling.
8. The Crew Meeting was adjourned at 7:27 PM and the next Meeting was set for 7:00 PM, Thursday, 12 Jul 18, at 9803 S. 21st Circle.
George Ziska, Jr.