9 August 2018
Subject: Minutes of Board Meeting
1. The Meeting was opened by President Vicki Edwards at 7:00 PM, at 9803 S. 21st Circle, Bellevue NE. With 5 of 5 directors present, a quorum of the Board did exist.
2. Attendance at the Meeting included:
George Ziska, Jr.
3. The minutes of the meeting held on 12 July 2018, were approved.
4. Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Janelle Smith provided the following status, as of 30 Jul 18: Great Western Checking Account: $7,150.62; Fidelity Money Market Account: $64,561.71.
5. Finance Director’s Report: The following items were discussed:
A. Al Cans for 2 X 4’s: No new developments.
B. Offutt Air Show, Sat, 11 Aug 18: We now have 11 volunteers signed up with 10 driving working golf carts and 1 working at the Kid Zone or where needed on Sat, 11 Aug 18. Six (6) parking passes were handed out. The volunteers without military ID’s need to obtain a temporary passes when entering the base. Show time at the Entry Gate No. 1 (near Base Ops) is 0730 for all volunteers. After signing in at the Show Gate and obtaining a wrist band, golf cart drivers will proceed to Show Control to obtain a temporary FAA badges and then pick up the carts and go to the viewing tent area for more instructions. The Crew assignment is to carry Wings of the Heartland (WOTH) and Wing Commander Distinguished Visitors (DV) people to and from the Field House parking lot to the tent viewing area. We will be wearing our Crew shirts and hats. It is important that volunteers sign in and out of the Show Gate at the end of the day.
C. Papillion Pizza Ranch, Aug-Nov 18: A total of 232 tickets were distributed to those present. The Secretary will provide an article for the Bellevue Leader and to Pizza Ranch Manager Jeff Barker with photos.
D. The following 2019 Financial Plan for building a 3-BR home was approved:
(1) Air Show: $1,000
(2) Dinner Raffle: $1,400
(3) Church of the Nativity: $60.000
(4) Bowl-a-thon: $5,000
(5) Donations & Misc.: $2,600
E. Other Ideas: Received no more info on painting the exterior of a home for George Jarrett’s nurse’s sister.
6. Old Business:
A. Update of Membership Roster: Board members received a copy of the latest roster.
B. VA Connection (Bob Corsi): No new developments.
C. Crew Website ( http://www.accrew.org ): Webmaster Kathi Narlock inputted photos from the 2018 Deployment on the website.
D. Colorado (CO) Connection (Corey Cinabro): No new developments.
E. Volunteer Recruitment in Bellevue: The Crew plans to have a pancake breakfast with the Confirmation students on Sun, 17 Feb 18 in the Capehart Chapel Annex.
F. 2019 Deployment (Work started on 30 May 19): Finish Crew Leader Jerry Leonard indicated that 21 cartons of the available Lumber King waterproof laminate flooring would be required to do the front half of the 2019 house with the MBR Bath. The Construction Director put this flooring quantity on the material list.
7. New Business:
A. Adopt-A-Road Agreement: The Board approved extending the trash pick up on 25th Street to 30 June 2022.
B. Adopt-A-Road on 25th Street: Tentatively agreed to do the trash pick up at 9 AM, Sat, 15 Sep 18.
8. The Crew Meeting was adjourned at 7:49 PM and the next Meeting was set for 7:00 PM, Thursday, 13 Sep 18, at 9803 S. 21st Circle.
George Ziska, Jr.