12 December 2019
Subject: Minutes of Board Meeting
- The Meeting was opened by President Vicki Edwards at 7:00 PM, at 9803 S. 21 st Circle, Bellevue NE. With 5 of 5 directors present, a quorum of the Board existed.
- Attendance at the Meeting included:
George Ziska, Jr.
- The minutes of the meetings held on 10 October and 14 November 2019, were approved.
- Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Janelle Smith provided the following status, as of 30 Nov 19: Great Western Checking Account: 9,662.98; Fidelity Money Market Account: $56,063.26.
- Finance Director’s Report: The following items were discussed:
- Al Cans for 2 X 4’s: No new developments.
- Raffle, Oct-Nov 19: Prizewinners from the drawing on 21 Nov 19 were: Syd Hulla; Yd-$80: John Edwards; Yd-$70: Vicki Edwards; 4th-$50: Mark White and 5th-$45: Maureen Aucheman. A total of 210 tickets were sold and after deleting the cost of the 20 Pizza Ranch certificates, there was a net revenue of $824.46. Eight attendees were at the Pizza Ranch dinner and drawing.
- Church of the Nativity, Burke, VA: Bob Corsi reported that the collection will be on weekend of 4-5 Jan 20.
- Base Catholic Chapel Designated Offering: Set for the weekend of 8-9 Feb 20.
- Bowl-a-thon: Set for March 2020.
- 2020 Financial Plan: To date, 4.4% of our $70,000 goal has been raised.
- Other Ideas: None.
- Old Business:
- Update of Membership Roster: Corrected Vice-President Marcel Moreau’s phone number.
- VA Connection (Bob Corsi): No new developments.
- Crew Website ( http://www.accrew.org ): Raffle winners were listed on the website.
- Colorado (CO) Connection (Corey Cinabro): No new developments.
- Volunteer Recruitment in Bellevue: The Crew Breakfast with the Confirmation students is set for Sun, 16 Feb 2020, in the Capehart Chapel Upper Annex. Five Crew members have volunteered to assist with the breakfast, from 8 AM to I PM. We will be wearing our Crew shirts and hats.
- 2020 Deployment (with work starting on Thurs, 28 May 2020): Harry Wallace reported that the foundation for the Marler home was underway on 6 Dec 19. President Vicki Edwards reported that Kathi Narlock has purchased the over-the-stove microwave for $144.16.
- Board Election: With 5 attendees, a quorum of the General Membership existed. The following Board officers were unanimously elected for the 2020-2021 term: President: Vicki Edwards; Vice-President: Marcel Moreau; Secretary and Construction Director: George Ziska, Jr.; Treasurer: Janelle Smith and Finance Director: Ron Strawn.
- New Business:
- Updated GuidestarData: On 25 Nov 19, the Secretary updated the data on Guidestar which will also updated our mission statement on Smile.Amazon.
- Review Annual Report to Donors: Vice-President Marcel Moreau proofread this report which will be printed before the next meeting.
- The Crew Meeting was adjourned at 7:15 PM and the next Meeting was set for 7:00 PM, Thursday, 9 Jan 20, at 9803 S. 21 st
George Ziska, Jr. Secretary