14 November 2019
Subject: Minutes of Board Meeting
- The Meeting was opened by President Vicki Edwards at 7:00 PM, at 9803 S. 21st Circle, Bellevue, NE. Only 2 of 5 directors were present, so a quorum of the Board did not exist. An informal meeting continued.
- Attendance at the Meeting included:
George Ziska, Jr.
- The minutes of the meeting held on 10 October 2019, were reviewed and be approved at the next meeting when there is a quorum.
- Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Janelle Smith provided following status to the Secretary, as of 31 Oct 19: Great Western Checking Account: $8,301.75; Money Market Account: $56,000.04.
- Finance Director’s Report: The following items were discussed:
- Cans for 2 X 4’s: No new developments.
- Restaurant Dinner Raffle: A total of 224 of the 328 tickets printed have been distributed. With the turn-in of ticket stubs and money at the meeting, a total of 108 tickets have been sold or $540 in revenue. The drawing/dinner is set for 6 PM, Thursday, 21 Nov 19, at the Papillion Pizza Ranch.
- Church ofthe Nativity, Burke, VA Offering: Collection in Jan 2020.
- Base Catholic Chapel Designated Offering: Set for the weekend of 8-9 Feb 20.
- Bowl-a-thon: Set for March 2020.
- 2020 Financial Plan: To date, 2.7% of the $70,000 goal has been raised.
- Other Ideas: None.
- Old Business:
- Update of Membership Roster: No updates were made.
- VA Connection (Bob Corsi): Bob indicated that a list of VA volunteers will not be available until early Feb 20.
- Crew Website ( http://www.accrew.org ): No new developments.
- CO Connection (Corey Cinabro): Corey indicated that he and Daniel Ratschkowsky would be working on the Siding Crew and Roger Soderberg would be working on the Support Crew. Corey will provide a spring hitch for the Crew trailer during at the next deployment.
- Volunteer Recruitment in Bellevue: With the help ofthe Confirmation students, the Crew will have pancake breakfast on Sunday, 16 Feb 2020. Five Crew volunteers have signed up and will be wearing our Crew shirts and hats. A oommissary run will be made at 8 AM on Sat, 15 Feb 2020.
- 2016 Deployment (works starts on Thurs, 28 May 20): Harry reported that he removed 5 trailers of trash from the Marler site which filled up % of a dumpster at St. Joe’s Inn. Harry indicated that the existing septic system at the site will not pass the Health Dept- inspection because of leaks, collapsed and short leach lines and the tank being more than 100 feet from the new home site. Harry estimated that replacing the septic system will cost an additional $5,000. Harry Aso reported that the concrete footings have been completed. The Construction Director sent plans, material lists and subcontractor work descriptions on 21 Oct 19, which were received by Harry. Due the older ages of the 3 Marler children, no quillows will be made this year.
- Board Election, 12 Dec 19: The Slate for Board Offcers for the 2020-2021 Term is, as follows: President: Vicki Edwards; Vice-President: Marcel Moreau; Secretary and Construction Director: George Ziska, Jr.; Treasurer: Janelle Smith and Finance Director: Ron Strawn.
- New Business:
- Joe’s Inn Improvements: Jim Barney reported on 5 Nov 19, the following improvements underway: (l) replacing exterior siding, (2) removing some bushes, (3) painting the front door, (4) replacing flooring in the common areas. Although some volunteer groups requested WIFI, this improvement will not be completed because it would increase the berthing rate by $10 per person per week.
- Website Domain Registration: The Secretary received a bill for $190 for 5-year registration of the Crew’s website name with Domain Registry. After the meeting, the Webmaster Kathi Narlock reported that her research indicated that this bill appears to be a scam.
- The Crew Meeting was adjourned at 7:40 PM and the next meeting was set for 7:00 PM, Thursday, 12 Dec 19, at 9803 S. 21st Circle.
George Ziska, Jr. Secretary