13 January 2022
Subject: Minutes of Board Meeting
l. The Meeting was opened by President Vicki Edwards at 7:00 PM, at 9803 S. 21st Circle, Bellevue NE. With 4 of 5 directors present, a quorum of the Board existed.
- Attendance at the Meeting included:
George Ziska, Jr.
- The minutes of the meeting held on 9 December 2021, were approved.
- Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Janelle Smith reported the following status, as of31 December 2021: Great Western Checking Account: $10,474.1O; Fidelity Money Market: $56,286.20.
- Finance Director’s Report: The following items were discussed:
- Al Cans for 2 X 4’s: No new developments.
- Church of Nativity, Burke, VA, Offering: Sat-Sun,1-2 Jan 22: Bob Corsi reported that after the offering a total of $66,000 has been collected which the earliest highest amount collected and based on past history the collection could reach $90,000.
- Offutt Catholic Chapel Designated Offering: Sat-Sun,12-13 Feb 22.
- 27th Annual Bowl-a-thon, 1:30 PM, Sat, 5 Mar 22, Chop’s Bowl: Sponsor sheets were passed out and 5 bowlers have signed up, so far. A game at the newly remodeled Chop’s Bowl will cost $3.00.
- 2022 Financial Plan: Progress on $80,000 goal remains at 2.0%.
- New Ideas: Per a recent Omaha World-Herald article, Lincoln is scheduled to have an air show on 26-27 Aug 23, with the Blue Angels. Also Offutt AFB has requested approval to have an air show in 2023.
- Old Business:
- Update of Membership Roster: No changes noted.
- VA Connection (Bob Corsi): Bob requested to Kay Morrow to get a testimonial from the 2021 Stephens Family on living in their new home. Bob is planning to have list of VA volunteers by mid-Feb 22.
- Crew Website ( http://www.accrew.org ): No new developments.
- Colorado (CO) Connection (Corey Cinabro): Corey indicated that he, Roger Soderberg, Daniel Ratschkowsky and Ed Donohoe are planning to come to our June deployment..
- Volunteer Recruitment in Bellevue: With COVID, The Board decided not have a pancake breakfast in Capehart Chapel Annex in Feb 22.
- 2022 Deployment (Works starts on Thurs, 2 Jun 22): St. Joe’s Inn Landlord Jim Barney indicated that the cost of berthing will remain at $60 per person per week and requested that stray dogs and cats not be fed at the Inn. Father’s old house can be used for isolating any volunteer getting COVID. Since Kathi Narlock can not make the 2022 deployment, Head Cook Vicki Edwards is looking for an Assistant Cook.
- New Business:
- Annual Operational Goal: The Board voted to increase the Crew’s goal from building House No. 40 in 2024 to building House No. 41 in 2025.
- The Crew Meeting was adjourned at 7:50 PM. The next Meeting is set for 7:00 PM, Thursday, 10 Feb 22, at 9803 S. 21st Circle.
George Ziska, Jr. Secretary