8 August 2019
Subject: Minutes of Board Meeting
- The Meeting was opened by President Vicki Edwards at 7:00 PM, at 9803 S. 21 st Circle, Bellevue NE. With 4 of 5 directors present, a quorum of the Board did exist.
- Attendance at the Meeting included:
George Ziska, Jr.
- The minutes of the meeting held on 11 July 2019, were approved.
- Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Janelle Smith was not present to provide a status; however, in a text read after the meeting, Janelle provided the following balances: Great Western Checking Account: $7,237.63; Fidelity Money Market Account: $70,701.46.
- Finance Director’s Report: The following items were discussed:
- Al Cans for 2 X 4’s: No new developments.
- Raffle, Oct-Nov 19: This year’s raffle ticket format was approved by the Board. Finance Director Ron Strawn will check with the Papillion Pizza Ranch whether last year’s arrangement with Pizza Ranch providing half the store certificates and the Crew buying half the store certificates is still in effect.
- Church of the Nativity, Burke, VA: Collection in Jan 2020.
- Base Catholic Chapel Designated Offering: Vice-President Marcel Moreau contacted Catholic Community Coordinator Bridget Huggins who indicated that the Crew will have an offering this year. Chapel Accountant Mary Burden indicated that the offering will be on the weekend of 8-9 Feb 20.
- Bowl-a-thon: Set for March 2020.
- The following 2020 Financial Plan was approved by the Board: Dinner Rame: $1,200; Church ofthe Nativity: $60,000; Base Chapel: $1,500; Bowl-a-thon: $5,000; Donations & Misc.: $2,300, for a total of$70,OOO.
- Other Ideas: None.
- Old Business:
- Update of Membership Roster. No changes noted.
- VA Connection (Bob Corsi): No new developments.
- Crew Website ( http://vvvvw.accrew.org ): Webmaster Kathi Narlock placed some 2019 Deployment photos on the website.
- Colorado (CO) Connection (Corey Cinabro): No new developments.
- Volunteer Recruitment in Bellevue: The Pancake Breakfast with the Confirmation students is tentatively set for sun, 16 Feb 2020.
- 2019 Deployment: The final breakdown of costs on the Kates home, as of 8 Aug 19, provided by Good Shepherd Treasurer Kay Morrow, totals $59,458.90, for which the Crew paid $59,732.33 on 12 Jun 19 or an over-payment of $273.43.
- 2020 Deployment (with work starting on Thurs, 28 May 2020): The existing Marler Family trailer has a septic tank system which can be used for the new home.
- Trailer Repair: The Construction Director picked up the Crew Trailer at Predator Trailers on 18 Jul 19 and the total repair bill was $803.36.
- Install Laminate Flooring in 2020: Subcontractor Danny Troxall provided the following cost on the flooring: Vinyl planking in the front half and bathrooms and carpeting in the bedrooms would cost $2,470. Laminate flooring in the front and bathrooms and carpeting in the bedrooms would cost $2,260. With the Crew installing laminate flooring in the front half and bedrooms in 2019, the material cost only was $2,571.60 at Lumber King, so the Crew can not compete with Danny’s prices and will let him do all the flooring in 2020. Danny also indicated that installing vinyl planking in the entire house would cost $3,190.
- Crew Shirts: The Secretary picked up 12 shirts from JoDon’s on 29 Jul 19, at a total cost of $256.80, which is the same price, as in 2016, of $20 per shirt plus sales tax.
- New Business:
- Adopt-A-Road: Tentatively scheduled picking up trash on 29 Street for 9 AM, Sat, 14 Sep 19.
- Board Election: The Secretary reminded those present of the Board Election to be held on 12 Dec 19.
- The Crew Meeting was adjourned at 7:34 PM and the next Meeting was set for 7:00 PM, Thursday, 12 Sep 19, at 9803 S. 21st Circle.
George Ziska Jr.