12 September 2019
Subject: Minutes of Board Meeting
- The Meeting was opened by President Vicki Edwards at 7:00 PM, at 9803 S. 21 st Circle, Bellevue NE. With 4 of 5 directors present, a quorum of the Board did exist.
- Attendance at the Meeting included:
George Ziska, Jr.
- The minutes of the meeting held on 8 August 2019, were approved.
- Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Janelle Smith was not present to provide a status.
- Finance Director’s Report: The following items were discussed:
- Al Cans for 2 X 4’s: One attendee brought cans.
- Raffle, Oct-Nov 19: Finance Director Ron Strawn previously indicated by email that Papillion Pizza Ranch would supply only 10 of the 30 store certificates needed for the raffle, which the Board accepted by an email vote on 1 Sep 19. Ron bought 20 store certificates and presented a bill for $225.54, which the Secretary will get to the Treasurer. Ron also made reservations for the night of the dinner/drawing on 21 Nov 19, at the Pizza Ranch. Donna Vogt provided only 184 of300 raffle tickets needed, and will provide the remainder next week. The Secretary distributed 168 raffle tickets to those present.
- Church of the Nativity, Burke, VA: Collection in Jan 2020.
- Base Catholic Chapel Designated Offering: Set for the weekend of 8-9 Feb 20.
- Bowl-a-thon: Set for March 2020.
- 2020 Financial Plan: To date, 1.9% of our $70,000 goal has been raised.
- Other Ideas: None.
- Old Business:
- Update of Membership Roster: No changes noted.
- VA Connection (Bob Corsi): No new developments.
- Crew Website ( http://www.accrew.org ): No new developments.
- Colorado (CO) Connection (Corey Cinabro): No new developments.
- Volunteer Recruitment in Bellevue: On 10 Sep 19, the Secretary requested that CCD Coordinator Peggy Hoffman put the Pancake Breakfast with the Confirmation students on the Chapel schedule for Sun, 16 Feb 2020, in the Capehart Chapel Upper Annex.
- 2020 Deployment (with work staffing on Thurs, 28 May 2020): The Construction Director will start working on floor plan for Marler Family home before the next meeting.
- Adopt-A-Road on 25th Street: Marcel and Debbe Moreau will pick up trash on the south part on Friday, 13 Sep 19, and George Cawl and George Ziska will do the north part on Saturday, 14 Sep 19.
- Board Election: The Secretary reminded those present of the Board Election to be held on 12 Dec 19, for the 2020-2021 term.
- New Business: None.
- The Crew Meeting was adjourned at 7:25 PM and the next Meeting was set for 7:00 PM, Thursday, 10 Oct 19, at 9803 S. 21 st
George Ziska, Jr.