12 August 2021
Subject: Minutes of Board Meeting
1. The Meeting was opened by President Vicki Edwards at 7:00 PM, at 9803 S. 21st Circle, Bellevue NE. With 5 of 5 directors present, a quorum of the Board existed.
2. Attendance at the Meeting included:
George Ziska, Jr.
Janelle Smith Ron Strawn
3. The minutes of the meeting held on 8 July 2021, were approved.
4. Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Janelle Smith provided the following status, as of3 l July 2021: Great Western Checking Account: $8,881.65; Fidelity Money Market: $56,283.84.
5. Finance Director’s Report: The following items were discussed:
A. Al Cans for 2 X 4’s: One member brought cans before the meeting.
B. Dinner Raffle, Oct-Nov 21: As last year, we will offer a total of $350 in restaurant certificates (Pizza Ranch-$300 & Outback-$50) with a raffle ticket price of $5 and 5 prizes ($100, $80, $70, $50 & $50). The dinner/drawing was set for 6 PM, Thurs, 18 Nov 22, at the Papillion Pizza Ranch. Finance Director Ron Strawn will check with Pizza Ranch Manager Samantha Oxley about the store certificates to be paid ($200) and provided ($100). The Secretary will work on getting the raffle tickets printed.
C. Church of Nativity, Burke, VA, Offering: Bob Corsi indicated that the offering will be the weekend of 1-2 Jan
22. Bob also indicated that there is $12,000 in carryover funds from 2021, and with electronic offerings of about $700 per month, a total of $16,000 should be available before the collection.
D. Offutt Catholic Chapel Designated Offering: Tentatively set for 12-13 Feb 22, but awaits final approval.
E. Bowl-a-thon: Scheduled for Mar 22.
F. 2022 Financial Plan: Progress on $80,000 goal remains at 0.0%.
G. New Ideas: None.
6. Old Business:
A. Update of Membership Roster: The Secretary made 4 deletions from the roster per the recommendation of Bob Corsi.
B. VA Connection (Bob Corsi): No new developments.
C. Crew Website ( http://www.accrew.org ): Webmaster Kathi Narlock included 2021 Deployment photos.
D, Colorado (CO) Connection (Corey Cinabro): No new developments.
6. Old Business (Cont.):
E. Volunteer Recruitment in Bellevue: No new developments.
F. 2021 Deployment (Work started on Thurs, 3 Jun 21 and completed 14 Jun 21): On 5 Aug 21, Kay Morrow provided the final Good Shepherd Outreach cost of $80,271.03, for the Stephens Family home; and therefore, a surplus of
$448.26 remains at Good Shepherd. The Construction Director provided an updated total cost breakdown on the 4-BR/2BATH Stephens home which now totals $90,393.23.
G. 2022 Deployment (Works starts on Thurs, 2 Jun 22): The acceptability of the existing septic system still remains in question at the New Family home site. The New Family approved the floor plan for the 3BR/2BATH home on 3 Aug 21. Tjle Construction Director sent an updated Foundation/Subfloor Plan on 24 Jul 21, for possibly completing the removal of the old house foundation and excavation and foundation work for the new home this fall.
H. First Payment on the 2022 Home: The Construction Director sent a $15,000 payment to Good Shepherd Outreach on 24 Jul 2 I , and Kay Morrow reported receipt on 28 Jul 21.
I. Board Election: The next Board election will be held at the 9 Dec 21 meeting for 2-year terms, from 1 Jan 22 to 31 Dec 21.
7. New Business:
A. Adopt-A-Road: Personal schedules will not allow picking up trash on 25th Street in Sep, so it will be moved to Oct 2021.
B. Stephens Family Thanks You Cards: The Crew received cards from all the family members. The copies of the cards were emailed to 2021 on-site Crew members.
8. The Crew Meeting was adjourned at 7:27 PM. The next Meeting is set for 7:00 PM, Thursday, 9 Sep 21, at 9803 S. 21st Circle.
George Ziska, Jr. Secretary